t

Sunday 27 April 2014

Book Review: The Blood of Flowers - Anita Ammirezvani | Lara Pass

The Blood of Flowers - Anita Ammirezvani
Published By - Headline Review
***** - 5 Stars!
This book is unlike anything I have ever read before. It is completely enchanting. Ammirezvani obviously went above and beyond to provide a book that speaks volumes, transports you to another place and that keeps you hooked right until the very end.
I've never read a book like it and I doubt I ever will again. Ammirezvani took no short cuts to make sure she delivered the best of the best with this book and I am delighted to have read it. Half way through this book I felt a sudden urge to go out, buy wool and a loom, and start making a carpet!
With her meticulous attention to detail, Ammirezvani has made this a book we should all have a copy of and I know I will one day be purchasing my own!
Anita Ammirezvani - Author
I sincerely hope that Ammirezvani is
proud of her work because she should be! It takes someone with an immense amount of talent to produce work that is so brilliant. However, I do have to acknowledge that it isn't without it's flaws. I won't be talking about those flaws in this review though.  This is probably the first review I have done where I have not talked about the flaws in the text. Not because I am trying to be nice, or I don't think they're important; but because I don't feel as if they are worth mentioning in work as brilliant as this. I am sure there are hundreds of other reviews that tell you about the flaws and errors of judgement Ammirezvani made with this book and so I don't feel I need to mention them now.
However, as a person that reads and reviews books, I cannot say that I can't find fault in this book. There will always be faults. No-one's writing - no matter how good - is flawless and everyone has their own opinion about what aspects of a book are 'wrong'.
But for now, focusing on the positives, I can say that I absolutely loved this book and loved the fact that I could read this and review it for everyone. I would highly recommend this book (to adults) and say that if you like historical fiction, it is hard to believe you would not love this book! 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment