t

Monday 7 July 2014

Book Review: The Lost Symbol – Dan Brown | Lara Pass

**** - 4 Stars

This book is just ridiculous and I loved it. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown is one of the most interesting books I have ever read. I loved the writing style, I loved the story, and I just loved the whole thing… Dan Brown is a very clever writer and – I presume – a very clever person full stop. I enjoyed this book so much. The references to Ancient Greek Mythology and different religions really made it interesting for me and I enjoyed trying to work out all the different clues etc., on the Masonic Pyramid. It was a very fun read.

As a classics student, reading a book like this makes classics all the more fun and enjoyable. It's nice to read a book that is so heavily influenced by Ancient Greece and their myths and beliefs and be able to enjoy it. (i.e. be analysing The Odyssey/The Iliad – Homer) The references to Masonic heritage etc., was really interesting to read too. I loved this book very much. My only problem is that it was a bit too long for me. Probably because I am always busy at the moment and couldn't find the time to read it properly.

The twist at the end was something I really didn't see coming and I thought of a hundred different possibilities. It was very simple and obvious but very effective as it was so simple and obvious, no-one would have guessed it. I look forward to reading more of Dan Brown's work in the future as I find his work very entertaining and enjoyable to read. Thank you Dan Brown for giving us such thought provoking, history filled books! I gave this book 4/5 stars.

No comments :

Post a Comment