t

Thursday 6 November 2014

Book Review: New World - Gillian Cross


 
PUFFIN BOOKS
Published by the Penguin Group
First published by Oxford University Press 1994
Copyright © Gillian Cross, 1994
*** - 3 Stars
'I'm helping to test a game - and it's brilliant. I'm even getting paid for doing it.'
When Miriam and Stuart are chosen to test a new virtual reality game, every move they make is monitored. But as the game takes hold of them they start to feel that something - or someone - is there with them, playing on their deepest secret fears. Is this part of the tests?
Or has someone broken into the game?

I do have to say, this book did not live up to my expectations. It has certainly taken me a long time to read this book. The beginning is very slow and tiresome and something you just don't want to read. It did, however get better and I did begin to enjoy it a little more as time went on. It is safe to say that the ending completely saved this book. The ending changed this from a 2 star review to a 3 star review. very disappointed with how this book turned out.

No comments :

Post a Comment