t

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Top Three Favourite Books of 2014 | LaraluBooks

 *Just a little small print. This isn't my top three favourite books that have been released in 2014, this is my top five favourite books that I have read in 2014. Enjoy!!

Okay, so it is almost time for a new year but before we get there, I want to share with you the top three books I have had the pleasure of reading this year. So, without further adieu...

 1. Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie
Okay, I know that this is kinda old news now but if you follow me on Goodreads or you have been reading my blog since the beginning of the year, you will know that I completely ADORE this book. Peter Pan has always been one of my favourite stories and so, the many film adaptations I have loved and have stayed with me my whole life. However, I have never read the actual story by J.M. Barrie himself even though I have owned a copy of the book for a good ten years. Well, this year I finally decided to read it and I completely became obsessed with it. I honestly didn't want it to end. If only Barrie had written a sequel!! (I know there is a sequel out there but it's never quite the same when it's written by someone else.)
This is by far my favourite book that I have read in 2014 and if you haven't already, you should definitely check it out.
 
2. The Chronicles of Narnia Series - C.S. Lewis
Okay, so this one is kinda a cheat. If I had to pick just one book as my favourite from the whole series it would be The Last Battle (book seven) but I adore the whole series. This is another classic situation where I watched the film adaptations (even the really bad one where Aslan is a puppet) and the films stayed with me again, my whole life but I had never read the books (which, again, I had owned a good ten years or so). So, this year I decided to read them and see what came of it. I have to admit, I didn't expect much from them but I absolutely loved them. There are only short stories but there are so immersive and written in such a way that you feel as though you're walking through Narnia and battling the Snow Queen and meeting Aslan.
Again, I HIGHLY recommend these so please read them or get them for your children if you have the chance.
 
3. The Blood of Flowers - Anita Amirrezvani
The first adults book in this list!! I really loved this book. This was just one that was sat on our bookshelf and I just thought I would pick up and read because it had never been read before. The writing in this book is absolutely amazing. I haven't read a book in a long time where I've found the writing to be so impressive and rich. There is just something about this book that I love and that's why it gets the third spot.

***
So, I hope you've had/will have a lovely New Years Eve.
It's been a pleasure writing this blog in 2014 and I look forward to the year ahead.
For the last time in 2014;
Lots of love, Lara xx
 

No comments :

Post a Comment